Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Good Lunch

Ok ... Let me make u guys feel a little bad !!! Let us taste some Indian food

Today I went out with my colleagues for lunch ... By far, it was the most calorie rich diet that I had in a long long time ...

1. Crispy Nachos dipped in creamy cheese for starters

2. Hot and Crispy Onion rings for appetizers (err ... )

3. Nice - hot - Channa Batura with Mirchi ...

4. Icecream browney sizzlers ... Imagine this ... Very hot plate ... On which there is a .5 inch browney ... Upon which is resting a ball of icecream ... It looks plain and calm for all practical purposes ... After keeping it on the table, the chef pours a small cup of chocolate syrup on the icecream ... The syrup starts boiling on the steaming hot plate ... Steam rises from the plate and I am half afraid that the chocolate vapour is going to settle on my shirt ...

And then I dig the spoon into the concoction ... starting from the top ... Skim it top to bottom and the spoon now contains a mixture of chocolate syrup, Ice Cream, Brownies steaming hot ... I blow gently on my spoon just in case that the brownie is too hot ... What an irony - Am blowing on a spoon which is half filled with cold ice cream !

Pop it in ... Close my eyes .... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... I Lost all sense of place and time for a moment ... Till the potion slided down the oesophagus ...

Kya baath hai !!!

Place: NewYorker in Nariman Point.

PS: 15 minutes later ... I felt as if a cigarette was stubbed against my shirt pocket ... Ugghh ... Checked it out ... Oh ... It was not a cigarette ... It was the bill which had burnt a hole in my pocket ... 300 gets debited from my Cash A/C ... Goodwill gets credited correspondingly ... Amortization period : 18 hours.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kripa Nagarajan said...

Wow! what a great narration.The way u say makes me feel u can change profession to a good scripy writer:).good one.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Aravindh said...

dei maapi...i had same exp. in new yorker, chennai da....however i have a very strong aversion to choclate sauce... after that no matter waz the icecream parlour we go...we first ask the waiter 'poricha icecream iruka???' and he goes like 'Eh??????'

funny naration da.... keep it up

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Naveenan Ramachandran said...

Hi Kripa,

Thanks for the comment. I will put you on to the Communications Area staff of my institute. They do not seem to have the same opinion about me ;-( Try and sell your opinion to them !!! I will be very grateful to you !!!

Hi Aravindh,

Thanks Machi ... "Poricha icecream !!!" Avanungalukku mattum dhaan kundakka mandakkannu icecream paer vaikka theriyumaa ... neeyum range kaattudaa !!!

Friday, June 22, 2007 1:33:00 AM  
Blogger Yadhvi said...

Naveenan,
I understand that you have described about yummy, yummy food...but do you know how it feels for somebody who is starving of authentic Indian food in this part of the world :((
God!! Will somebody describe vathal kuzhambu and appalam as deliciously as this?!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home