Friday, September 15, 2006

Glimpses of Insti ...

BOOM !!!

Realizing after more than a month ... Do not blame me ... Blame the end term exams ... Got over yesterday evening ... I am quite glad that Term 1 got over ... Supposedly the toughest term out here ... How many days and nights had I spent wondering WHEN ONLY this day will come ... Kinda savouring every moment of this ... I want to sleep lesser in these few days ... Do not want to loose these moments in semi conciousness !!! And am dragging my foot before Term 2 starts on 22nd ;-(((

Here are a few snaps of the little less than 1 KM strip that has become my home away from home ...

There are two parts to the campus .. "Old campus" and "New campus" ... separated by a road under which there is an underpass ... The look and feel of the two campus are ENTIRELY different ... Have tried to capture as much of the stark difference as I can ... @ the same time optimizing on the number of photos in this page ...

These photos were taken on the day we completed the exams ... Hence the relaxed look on the faces ... Normally, some of these people look like zombies ;-))

1) A snap of a typical dorm in the old campus ... Anything u see in a bare brick style is in the old campus ...




















2) A Ramp to facilitate physically challenged people to reach classrooms



Guy on my right is Bharani ... A CEG 2006 pass-out ... Very nice chap from Vellore ... Fun to be with ... To his right is Nilesh ... An IITB 2006 pass-out ... sits right next to me in class ... One of my major job is to wake him up as and when he dozes off in the middle of a lecture ... He teaches me Hindi and Maths !!! Stud boy ... Do not know who is standing next to him ;-) ... The guys 2nd from left is Muthu Selvan ... He also passed out from CEG in the same year that I did ... ECE - 2002 ... How happy was I to know that he b my batchmate here too !!! ... The left most guy is Ranjith ... an IITM 2006 pass-out ... my dormmate ... the guy with whom I hang out most of the times ... Cool chap ....

3) Steps in front of Admin block ... Called "Harvard steps" ... A cliched snap of the insti ...















4) LKP lawn ... Louis Khan Plaza ... Loius Khan was the architect who had designed this place in the 60's ... Most photographed location in the insti ... This is actually a very small area of the lawn ... Could not get the full view ... The building in the background is the library ...















5) Take a note of the huge "holes" in the walls ... supposed to be an architectural wonder ... B.Arch students visit the campus to study these buildings ... A few walls look as if they are erected entirely for the purpose of holding a hole !!!

Another "wall with a hole" !!!




















6) The most dreaded notice board @ insti ... Here is where the surprise quizzes or the tests get announced ... @ 1:30 PM ... for a 2:30 PM test ... Sometimes I think that the end terms are much more relaxed than regular class days ... Atleast I know what to study for on the day before ...















7) A canteen ... apart from the regular mess ... Lifeline of the campus ... works till 4:00 AM ... Called TANSTAAFL ... "There Aint No Such Thing As Free Lunch" ... They door deliver @ our dorm rooms also ... Nominal charges ... Maggi @ 14 bucks ... Dosa @ 15 bucks types ...















7.5) Telephonic link to the outside world ... STD booth ..















8) The path which leads to the new campus ... Let us walk along this one ...















9) A Cafe Coffee Day on the left side of this path ... A bit expensive ... Not as popular with students ....















10) The entrance to the underpass @ the end of this path ....















11) A huge notice at the entrance of the underpass ... Note the pigeon on top of this frame ... 5 or 6 pigeons have their nests inside the underpass ...




















12) A few photos in the underpass ... probably to ensure that the 130 feet walk isn't dull ...




















13) Now ... V have just exited the underpass and are in the new campus ... All the structures here are grey coloured structures ... Notice the contrast with the old campus ... The row of buildings to the right is the academic block ... This is where the classrooms are situated ... There are only 11 classrooms in the insti !!! But, each one can accommodate 80 students ... The first building on the right is my classroom ... Remember this snap ... I will show in a subsequent photo how close this classroom is to my room ... It cannot get any closer ... My classroom is 50 meters away from my dorm !!!















14) Some snaps of my classroom interiors ... Wondering about the colour of our dresses ?!? These 2 snaps were taken a month and a half ago ... During T-Nite (Talent Nite - an inter section cultural competition - which happens over 4 days / evenings) ... The entire section had come in the same colour on a day or two ...





























15) Remember the snap in point #13 ... I just have to walk a few feet down that path ... On my left is the dorm ... Dorm 22 .. Also known as "Catch 22" ...















16) Entering my dorm ...















17) My neighbours ... Arnab on the left ... 2 years with infy ... Nikhil on the right ... 4 years work ex ... Was on the Bolero design team when he was @ M&M ... Daaru pee rahaen hai ... Celebrating the end of T1 !!!















18) My room !!! ... My dorm name is "Angoor" ... Most of the people here call me so ...















19) Do come in !!! My room is pretty well maintained ... Much neater than most of the guys' rooms ...















20) My link with sanity ... Is the tea gang able to see the 2nd clock ?!?















21) My workplace ...





























22) Let us go to the balcony @ the end of my room ...















23) Right outside ... there is a lawn ... sometimes guys play football here ... 5 or 6 people can comfortably play ...















24) Turn to my left ... There is the classroom that I showed in point #13 ... THAT is how close my classroom is to my room !!!















25) That is about it ... END OF TERM1 !!! Those are the only words ringing in my ears !!!

16 Comments:

Blogger Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

nice pictures da.. your rooms are far better than CEG hostel rooms da..

and the comment "Another "wall with a hole" !!!" is awesome!

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful compilation Naveenan !! was almost like a virtual tour !!

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Smarty !!!!

Its Simply SUPERB , I enjoyed it.

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good going Rasukitti...
Gud luck for your T2...

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work. did you get a chance to get your bullet out there yet? enjoy dude.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"ur comments"

well you asked me to leave them here in your mail.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger j-karthikeyan said...

A We Some !!! dude...

In 14th comment
===============
In first picture la, first row la irrukkura ( he he he)...

Pasangala paartha Srinath & Pisthu mathiri theriyuthu..

All the best machi !!!

Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

annaathae......kalakku kalakkunnu kalakkureenga.....

impeccable narration.....

Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Machi! The path of a management guru is never easy. Hang in there. Also wanted to let you know that i keep mentioning "my friend in IIM-A" around here so people will think I've got connections :)

Monday, September 18, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mani said...

Gud one Nave. All the best.

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Aravindh said...

maapu .... kalakita po... i thought i need to register a course to visit IIM-A... since u have shown me enough vision,i decided not to get in to iim ( u made my work less ;))

waiting for yr next blog....

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Naveenan Ramachandran said...

Kicha,

Thanks dude ... Quite true ... Rooms r better than the CEG ones ... I would even say that the single room in CEG (like the ones in Block 7 are half the size of the ones here) ...

Siddharth,

Thanks buddy ... I want u to verify these facts in June 2007 ... U CAN do it ...

Javid,

Thanks !!!

Magesh,

Thanks very much Anna ... T2 has started in the right earnest ... Had Marketing, Probability and Business communication classes over the last 2 days ... Quite interesting ones ...

Malkova,

Unfortunately, no ;-(( Sold my bullet a few days before I joined the course 3 months ago ... I heard that the person who bought my bike has made a lot of physical changes to it ...

Anony,

Unga kusumbukku oru alavae illayaa !!!

JK,

Thanks buddy !!

Enchi Anna,

Thank u very much for the wishes !!!!

Bharani,

Thanks dude ... Just an FYI for others ... Bharani has showed this blog to his girl friends and few of them have enquired enthusiastically about the guy in red shirt ;-)))

Ashwin,

;-)))) That made my day !!!

Mani,

Thanks Machi ...

Marirs,

Sure ... That picture will b cool ... Wondering when v will have the next get together when v can get such a snap ...

Bumps-aaa ... Aalai vidungappaa !!!

Aravindh,

Ha Ha Ha !!! ROTFL !!! Hilarious !!!

Hope to post more often in T2 ... lemme c ...

Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

Nadathu nadathu....

Looks cool man! looks like you guys are having a great time...Classroom and dorm looks good too...must be a great experience...

Enjoy and all the best

Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Padmanaban Kumar (Paddu @ Just for Kicks) said...

Machi,

Ding won the race, at least among the three of us...Now its between us both...hmm...naan onuthiyum pudungara madhiri theriyalla...nee?.comments la evano bullet gillatu laan pesaraen...jagaradha machi....:)

Sunday, September 24, 2006 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naveena,

Good to know about the completion of your term 1. I may not get a better opportunity than this to get some idea about the campus. Good job.

Regards,
Andrews.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 6:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sir i also write blogs but i aint as creative as u currently i am in 1st yr of my agrbusiness MBA i would surely like to make my blog look like u is anyway by which i can contact you.i am on face book name is Aditya Khajanji

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home